The Food Awards contest is provided by Canadian Family. All questions regarding the contest rules should be directed to Canadian Family at 111 Queen Street E., Suite 320, Toronto ON M5C 1S2. Rules and regulations are available online at www.canadianfamily.ca.
1. Only one entry per person unless contestant chooses to participate in part two of survey for which they will receive an additional entry. No purchase necessary. This contest will live on www.canadianfamily.ca and all entries must be received online. Eligible persons may enter by completing and submitting an original entry form available online at www.canadianfamily.ca. Any person entering more than once will be automatically disqualified. To participate, fully complete the Official Entry Form.
2. This contest starts on June 16, 2014 at 12:01 AM ET and ends on September 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM ET.
3. All entries become the property of Canadian Family and none shall be returned.
4. One (1) grand prize winner will receive a one-year subscription to Canadian Family and a Breville kitchen prize package valued at approximately $2,000. Five (5) winners will receive a Breville prize value starting at approximately $300 each.
5. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before 5:00p.m. (EST) on the contest closing date of September 30, 2014. Canadian Family is not responsible for any entries which are incomplete, lost, destroyed, delayed, or not transmitted due to technical failure, however caused.
6. The winner will be selected on October 6th, 2014. The selected entrants will be notified by phone or e-mail within 72 hours of the draw. In the event that a selected entrant does not comply with these contest rules and regulations, or cannot be contacted within 24 hours of the draw, an alternate entrant will be selected from the remaining entries. The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received and on the originality of the entrant’s written submission. The prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Canadian Family reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prize with a prize of equal value whatsoever. All federal, provincial and municipal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. The contest is open to all residents of Canada – including residents of Quebec – but excluding employees of St. Joseph Media and their respective interactive, advertising and promotional agencies, persons with whom any of the above are domiciled and/or members of their respective immediate families.
8. The entrants selected for a prize will be required to correctly answer a time limited skill testing question before being declared a prize winner. The prize winner must sign the Waiver/Release of liability as a condition to and in advance of receiving the prize in favour of Canadian Family and the other sponsors such that none of them shall be liable for the use or misuse of the prize (parent or legal guardian will be asked to sign this form on behalf of the winner if the selected winner is under the age of 18). Canadian Family and the other sponsors assume no responsibility for the participation in the contest, or any liability, claims, demands, actions, loss, damage or personal injury that may be sustained by either the winner of the prize or his/her guest.
9. Participation in the contest constitutes permission to Canadian Family and the sponsors and their agencies to use the name, photograph and/or likeness of the winner (and his/her guest) purposes of promotion, advertising, and trade without further compensation.
10. By participating in this contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these rules and regulations. The decisions of the contest judges are final. Canadian Family and the sponsors are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest. Canadian Family reserves the right to withdraw or terminate the contest at any time without prior notice or to change the rules and regulations. Contact or correspondence will occur only with selected entrants. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and regulations.