Here’s a cool but simple craft that looks great hung on any inside door. Kids ages six and up will enjoy helping to fold paper into fun accordion shapes. We used rectangular pieces of vintage wallpaper and maps from old atlases to create the wreath pictured, but you can use any paper you love.
Vintage Paper Wreath
What You’ll Need to Make It:
View a larger image of the finished craft.
1. Bend the wire hanger to create a round wreath shape.
2. Make sure paper pieces you’re using are the same size. Ours were about 6″ wide.
3. Start folding each piece fan style (back and forth), then fold each fan in half.
4. Add a little dab of hot glue to the inside of each folded fan to help it stay together.
5. Use glue gun to secure paper fans to wreath by gluing folded crease in the middle to the underside of wreath form so fans face up. Hold to secure. Repeat until you have filled the wreath.
6. Wrap some ribbon or jute string around the hook part of the hanger and secure the end with hot glue.
7. Hang and admire your handywork!
Find more holiday craft ideas with our five favourite DIY holiday crafts.