Are you sick of picking up broken pieces of crayon that your toddler seems to be able to crush with their superhero strength? Put that strength to the test as they are matched against Crayon Nibbles – a fantastic DIY idea we stumbled upon over at Crafty Daisies!
These crayons are great for toddlers because they are much easier to grip and will result in fewer broken crayons scattered throughout your home.
What you’ll need:
– An exacto knife
– A mini muffin pan (one that you don’t mind getting a little waxy)
1. Preheat oven to 265°F
2. Peel all paper from crayons and ensure they are broken down into small enough pieces for the muffin tray. (You can use an Exacto knife for this step if you prefer.)
3. Arrange the broken pieces of crayons in the muffin spots with similar colours.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Make sure not to over-bake the crayons or the colours will completely melt together.
5. Let crayons solidify on the counter for a few minutes and then put the tray into the freezer for approximately 30 minutes so they harden.
6. Pop the new crayons out of the tray and give them to your little artist!