This week I declared it to be “do one thing I saw on Pinterest day.” I am a Pinterest addict, the kind who pins tons of little projects yet has a very low rate of follow-through. I thought it was time to change that.
What you’ll need:
• Six empty toilet paper tubes, with all the bits of paper scraped off
• Acrylic paint in any colour
• A wide paint brush
• A black marker
1. Paint each tube using the wide brush. Don’t use too much paint (or get your brush too wet) otherwise the tubes might curl.
3. Make the “ears” by pushing one end of your tube inwards.
4. Paint on owl faces after the paint is dry.
5. Get bowling! We used the juggle balls we made a few weeks ago as our bowling balls, but you can use any kind of soft ball.
That’s it! You’re done!
Are you a Pinner too? Let me know in the comments. Whether or not you have your own Pinterest account, you can follow my boards and Canadian Family’s boards too. Just heed my warning—you might not get the laundry done today!
Andrea Tomkins is a mother of two imps, and wife of one. She’s a freelance writer who is often found with camera in hand or scribbling madly in her notebook. She is passionate about arts and culture, travel and healthy living, and gets an extra big thrill out of helping parents and kids discover all the hidden treasures Ottawa has to offer. You can follow her adventures on her blog, a peek inside the fishbowl, where she’s been writing about family life since 1999. She’ll be sharing a great new craft idea here at CF.ca every Friday.