What you’ll need:
- Clothespins (for candles)
- Cover three tiers of Styrofoam disks with felt.
- Hand-stitch embroidery along the seams.
- Make cake decorations by cutting out different shapes and adornments from brightly coloured felt.
- Cover clothespins with felt to create the candles on top of the cake. Add flames to the candles.
- Attach the hook side of sticky-backed Velcro to the back of all decorations so they’ll stay in place but can easily be removed when it’s time to redecorate.
TIP: To make rosebuds cut an irregular circle (about four inches in diameter) from the left. Cut a haphazard spiral to the centre end, twist the felt spiral around itself ans secure with glue.