Photo by jsorbieus, via Flickr
Happy Family Day! We’re off today celebrating with our families but thought we would give you a few ideas for fun Family Day activities in your province.
- Cardel Winter Carnival Between noon and 4 p.m. Cardel Place is hosting a free winter carnival complete with face painting, live entertainment and free public skating (bring your own skates).
- Take your family to the Calgary Olympic Oval and enjoy a day of family fun for free (with a donation to the Calgary Food Bank)! Watch the Olympics with other families, enjoy indoor skating and a pizza lunch.
Ottawa and Toronto, Ontario
- Enjoy a family learning experience at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum from 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Where the whole family can experience farm life with lots of hands-on activities, along with delicious food.
- The family can celebrate Polar Bear Fest at the Toronto Zoo. Where you can learn everything about polar bears, along with how to protect this Canadian species. The festival runs from Feb. 15 – 17 from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Ripleys Aquarium of Canada what better way to spend Family Day than with all the creatures of the sea. Educational and fun for kids (Hours 9:00 a.m. – 9 p.m.).
- Royal Saskatchewan Museum is having a Family Fun Day. Celebrate Aboriginal Storytelling Month on Family Day. Between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m. for family fun with lots of activities, crafts and stories all for free (Museum admission is by donation).
- Prince Albert Winter Festival enjoy family activities with everything from crafts, children’s carnival, snow sculptures, dog sled races and much more (festival runs from Feb. 10 – 23).
For More Family-Fun Ideas, Check Out These CF Articles
Just a Couple More Ideas
- If you can find a hill with enough snow, try tobogganing (after all, the family is the picture looks like they’re having A LOT of fun!)
- Malls designated as tourist attractions will remain open (e.g. Vaughan Mills, Vaughn; Eaton Centre, Toronto; West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton)