It’s that time again! It’s Fire Prevention week.
Here’s a list of things you should review at some point this week:
• Replace the batteries in your smoke detector
• Check that your fire extinguishers are still in good working order
• Devise or review your family’s fire escape plan
• Never leave cooking food or candles unattended
• Keep matches and lighters away from kids
• Ensure you have a working smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector on every floor of your house, as well as a fire extinguisher for every 600 square feet of your home
Register your family for the nation-wide fire safety drill, and you could be entered to win prizes from the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs and the Fire Marshal’s Public Fire Safety Council.
And learn how to make a fire safety plan for your family here.