The 7th Annual Canadian Family Great Teacher Awards is provided by Canadian Family magazine. All questions regarding the contest rules should be directed to Canadian Family magazine at 111 Queen Street E., Suite 320, Toronto, ON, M5C 1S2. Rules and Regulations are available online at www.canadianfamily.ca.
1. No purchase necessary. Nominations may be entered by completing and submitting an original entry form available online at www.canadianfamily.ca. To participate, the nomination form must be fully completed.
2. This contest starts on February 4, 2013, 12:01 AM EST and ends on June 28, 2013, 11:59 PM EST.
3. All entries become the property of Canadian Family magazine and none shall be returned.
4. To be eligible, nominations must be received on or before 11:59 PM EST, April 22, 2013. Canadian Family magazine is not responsible for any nominations that are incomplete, lost, destroyed, delayed, or not transmitted due to technical failure, however caused.
5. Voting for 12 semi-finalists will open to the public on May 21, 2013, online at www.canadianfamily.ca and will close on June, 28 2013, 11:59 PM EST. The winners will be notified on July 2, 2013. Only winners will be notified. Winners will be officially announced on August 2, 2013 online at www.canadianfamily.ca and in Canadian Family magazine’s September issue.
6. Three (3) winners with the highest number of votes will receive $2,500 to go towards programming and supplies for their school. The prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable. Canadian Family magazine reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prize with a prize of equal value. All federal, provincial, and municipal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. In the event that a selected nominee does not comply with these Rules and Regulations, an alternate nominee will be selected from the remaining entries. The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received and on the entrant’s written submission.
8. This contest is open to all residents of Canada, including residents of Quebec, with the exclusion of employees of St. Joseph Media and their respective interactive, advertising, and promotional agencies, persons with whom any of the above are domiciled, and/or members of their respective immediate families.
9. The Regie Des Alcools monitors and regulates any contests open to Quebec residents. Any litigation respecting the conduct and organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Regie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Participants in the contest agree to abide by these rules and all decisions of Canadian Family magazine and the prize sponsors.
10. The selected teachers will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, skill-testing question before being declared prize winners. The winners must sign the Waiver/Release of liability as a condition to and in advance of receiving the prize in favour of Canadian Family magazine and the other sponsors such that none of them shall be liable for the use or misuse of the prize. Canadian Family magazine and the other sponsors assume no responsibility for the participation in the contest, or any liability, claims, demands, actions, loss, damage, or personal injury that may be sustained by either the winner of the prize.
11. Participation in the contest constitutes permission to Canadian Family magazine and the sponsors and their agencies to use the name, photograph, and/or likeness of the winner (and his/her guest) for the purposes of promotion, advertising, and trade without further compensation.
12. By participating in this contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and Regulations. The decisions of the contest judges are final. Canadian Family magazine and the sponsors are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the contest. Canadian Family magazine reserves the right to withdraw or terminate the contest at any time without prior notice or to change the Rules and Regulations. Contact or correspondence will occur only with selected entrants. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Laws and regulations.