What a thrilling, fantastic Olympics! Everyone at Canadian Family wishes to congratulate every Canadian Olympian, volunteer and members of VANOC for an amazing 17 days! We hope everyone around the country feels the pride that we do after these Olympic games.
And the fact that we finished with the most golds ever in a winter games didn’t hurt either.
Here are some of our favourite moments:
– Sidney Crosby’s winning overtime goal for the men’s hockey gold, proving yet again whose game it really is
– Joannie Rochette’s incredible strength, taking her to bronze in women’s figure skating (and the Terry Fox award)
– Alexandre Bilodeau giving us the first gold on Canadian soil, thanks to the support of his incredible family
– Jon Montgomery: the most hilarious auctioneer/gold-medalist skeleton racing has ever seen
– Olympic gold for women’s hockey (and their adorable kids singing the anthem along with them)
– The gorgeous performance by ice-dancing duo Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (if they’re not in love, they should be)
There are just too many to mention.
What were your favourite moments? Do you feel that Canada has a new sense of pride this morning? We do!
(ps: Have you seen this? Brian Williams of NBC wrote us a thank you note!)