This little fishie snack was thrown together for my kids in just a few short minutes. I make a lot of cute food for my kids, but they are still delighted every single time. This was no exception. It was a really easy snack to make and it’s definitely cute! Those are two things I love—quick to prepare and cute! Here are the instructions so you can make one too.
What you’ll need:
• 1 orange
• A handful of blueberries
• 1 strawberry
• 1 baby carrot
• Icing eyes—if you don’t have any, you could use blueberries for the eyes
• A sharp knife
1. Slice your orange into thin slices. Place some orange slices on your plate. My kids love peeling the rind off the orange. If your kids don’t like that, you can always peel the orange first before slicing it.
2. Place an icing eye on each slice of orange for an eye. If you don’t have any, you can give your fishie a blueberry eye instead.
3. Using your knife, slice some little mouths out of the strawberry. Place these little mouths on your fishies.
4. Using your knife, slice your baby carrot into thin slices. Place two slices on each fishie for a fish tail.
5. Finally, add some blueberry fish bubbles to the plate.
This is a perfect, refreshing snack for little ones. They’re going to love it!
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. People who know her personally find it extremely humorous that she is now the self-proclaimed “Queen of fun food.” Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids.