Here is another great and easy summer lunch idea for your kids. You can turn any sandwich into this kid’s favourite summertime treat by simply adding a Popsicle stick to it and cutting it in an oval shape. It really is that simple.
Tip: I put what normally would have been on the inside of the sandwich (the meat and cheese) on the outside to give it a bit more detail.
What you’ll need:
1. Using your sharp knife, cut your 2 pieces of bread into an oval shape.
2. Using your knife again, cut your pieces of lunch meat into oval shapes to match the bread shapes.
3. Place your bread on the plate and place the lunch meat on top to resemble a popsicle.
4. Slice your piece of mozza cheese into a thin slice to fit the popsicle and place on the sandwich.
5. Stick a popsicle stick in the bottom of the sandwich.
6. Serve with a side of fruit and/or veggie to complete the meal.
This is a really simple way to make a fun summer lunch for your kids. My kids loved it, and I’m pretty sure yours will too!
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids.