As I said last week, our ground is covered in fluffy white snow. Although we haven’t been out to make a snowman just yet, I’m sure it’s not too far away. The kids are getting in the winter and Christmas spirit, and are getting so excited about all the fun winter activities we do. Last weekend I decided to make the kids a special winter-themed lunch that would be perfect for sharing, so we made an adorable snowman pizza. It was easier than you might think!
What you’ll need:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
3. Place your 3 English muffin halves on your baking sheet.
4. Spoon some pizza sauce onto each English muffin half and spread until it covers the entire muffin.
5. Sprinkle each English muffin half generously with shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. On one English muffin half, place 3 pepperoni slices for buttons. On another English muffin half, place 2 black olive eyes and 1 carrot slice nose. Leave the last English muffin plain.
7. Place your green pepper slices on the baking sheet too to roast them if you like!
8. When the oven is ready, place the baking sheet in the oven tor about 15 minutes, or until cooked.
9. Remove from oven and let cool.
10. Place your 3 English muffin pieces on a plate to resemble a snowman. Take your roasted green pepper slices and place on the snowman as a hat. Sprinkle some shredded mozzarella at the bottom for snow.
I served this snowman lunch with a side of fruit for the kiddos and they were absolutely delighted to share this adorable snowman. They each had a piece of the snowman, which meant there was one left—perfect for me! This is definitely a fun winter lunch that we will be making again soon!
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids. You’ll find more of her cute recipe ideas here.