I just love this adorable open-faced ladybug B.L.T. sandwich. I made it for the kids for lunch the other day and they absolutely loved it. I may have even had one myself! This little ladybug sandwich could be great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s filling, topped with fresh veggies and incredibly cute. Did I mention that it’s really easy to make too?! This is how I made it:
What you’ll need
1 slice of whole wheat bread, toasted
1 tbsp mayo
2 slices of cooked bacon
1 lettuce leaf
1 slice of tomato
1 large pitted black olive
6 slices of black olive
2 lettuce stems
2 icing eyes
sharp kitchen knife
1. Spread some mayo on your toasted slice of whole wheat bread.
2. Place 2 slices of bacon on top of the mayo.
3. Place 1 lettuce leaf on top of the bacon.
4. Slice your tomato in half and place it on top of the lettuce, slightly separated at the back.
5. Grab your 6 slices of black olives and place 3 on each slice of tomato.
6. Take your large black olive and place it at the front of the tomato for the ladybug’s head.
7. Stick 2 lettuce leaf stems in the black olive hole for the ladybug’s antennae.
8. Take your icing eyes, and a small dab of mayo and stick them on the large black olive for eyes.
Incredibly tasty and incredibly cute! What more could you ask more?! Your kids are going to love it.
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids. You’ll find more of her cute recipe ideas here.