It’s chillier outside than it was a week ago and the days are noticeably getting shorter. Suddenly, every baked good in your local café has the word “pumpkin” attached to it and you MUST have it. A warm latté has replaced that once-beloved iced coffee as your treasured morning pick-me-up. This can only mean one thing: Autumn is officially here! The hearty, sweet and spicy flavours of the harvest season are among us, and there are endless opportunities to experiment in the kitchen.
On your next visit to the grocery store or your local farmer’s market, grab an extra pumpkin (or two), load up on squash and other Fall-favourite gourds, and don’t be shy with the apples. Here are 15 tasty harvest-inspired recipes that are sure to be family favourites every year.
1. Recipe: Chunky Pumpkin Soup
2. Recipe: Hearty Veggie Cheddar Soup
3. Recipe: Rainbow Layered Shepherd’s Pie
4. Recipe: Roasted Squash Wedges
5. Recipe: Chunky Pork & Root Vegetable Ragout
7. Recipe: Curried Chicken Pot Pie
9. Recipe: Autumn Orchard Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
10. Recipe: Brown Sugar Butternut Squash
11. Recipe: Pear Upside-Down Cake
12. Recipe: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake
14. Recipe: Gluten-Free Pumpkin Waffle
15. Recipe: Easy Apple Pie in a Jar