These bewitching cookie pops are a fun no-bake alternative to the popular cake pop and are sure to charm guests at your Halloween bash.
1. Line 2 large sheet pans with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a food processor or blender, process 300 grams chocolate chip cookies to fine crumbs. Add 2/3 cup cream cheese (at room temperature) and process until thoroughly mixed and there are 3. no white traces. Chill for 30 minutes.
4. Using your hands, roll mixture into walnut-sized balls, and insert a lollipop stick into each. Place balls on a sheet pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a glass or stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water, melt coating chocolate, stirring until smooth; remove from heat. (Use one bowl per colour, and place back over pot if chocolate begins to harden.)
6. Working one at a time, spoon chocolate over 18 mini ice cream cones, letting excess drip off; sprinkle decorations overtop.
7. Place cones on second prepared sheet pan and set aside.
8. Remove cookie balls from freezer.
9. Using a fork and the attached stick, dip each chilled ball into melted coating chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place the balls back on parchment-lined sheet pan, and add decorations before chocolate hardens.
10. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Attach cones with melted coating chocolate and let harden before serving.