Inside-Out Sandwich Wands
Recipe by Paula Bowman
Photo by Michael Alberstat
Give kids the gift of a balanced snack (this one includes every food group!) tied with a sweet surprise
- 4 slices roast turkey
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 thick grissini bread sticks, about 6 inches long
- 1 piece fruit leather, cut into 4 strips
- Lay a turkey slice on a clean, dry surface. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on it. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cranberries.
- Lay breadstick across short side of turkey. Roll turkey around breadstick and secure with fruit leather tied in a knot. Repeat.
Chef’s Tip: If you can’t find thick grissini bread sticks, try using two thinner ones. Pretzel rods and twisted cheese sticks are other great picks. Or try using sliced ham, cream cheese and pineapple pieces (or any of your favourite ingredients).