Loyalty Points – They Add Up!
Points don't seem like much, but after buying so many things for everyone else, it could lead to something for YOU.
Canadian Tire Money (canadian tire)
- For every $1 you spend in-store or at a gas bar, you’ll get $0.005 in Canadian Tire Money that can be redeemed for in-store purchases (excludes gas and auto services).
- $0.005 in Canadian Tire Money is worth $0.005
- To get $10 in free merchandise, you need to spend $2,000
- Derek Szeto’s strategies for accumulating maximum points: “I read that something like 80″“90 percent of Canadians live within 10 kilometres of a Canadian Tire store. You’re always in there, so if your Canadian Tire has a gas bar, it also makes sense to fill up because you get Canadian Tire Money back. Gas is a regular spend so it adds up.”
HBC Rewards Points (The Bay, Zellers and Home Outfitters)
- For every $1 you spend, you’ll get 50 HBC Rewards Points that can be redeemed for HBC gift cards or in-store merchandise.
- 1 HBC Rewards Point is worth $0.00625
- To get $10 in free merchandise, you need to spend $1,600
- Derek Szeto’s strategies for accumulating maximum points: “Between The Bay, Zellers and Home Outfitters, there’s a good chance you’ll find yourself in an HBC store over the next few weeks. “When you’re an HBC Rewards member, you can sometimes
take advantage of special offers, like an additional 10 percent off the sale price.”
Shoppers Optimum Points (Shoppers Drug Mart or Pharmaprix in Quebec)
- For every $1 you spend, you’ll get 10 Shoppers Optimum Points that can be redeemed for in-store merchandise (excludes gift cards, bus tickets, lottery tickets and cigarettes).
- 1 Shoppers Optimum Point is worth $0.00125
- To get $10 in free merchandise, you need to spend $800
- Derek Szeto’s strategies for accumulating maximum points: “Shoppers Optimum provides the highest consumer value,” says Szeto. “Plus, they run tons of special events and promotions so your return on purchase can be huge. And if you cash in during a bonus redemption event, that’s where you’ll get much more value for your points.”