Guidelines for Commenting on Canadianfamily.ca
At Canadian Family, we’re all about creating a supportive space for parents of all sorts to share their thoughts and feelings and experiences, which is why we invite all visitors to our site to comment on our content.
If you would like to add a comment, please keep the following guidelines in mind when doing so.
- Please be courteous to our writers and your fellow commenters. Before you post something, ask yourself whether you would say what you’ve written to a person’s face, or if you would happy for your child to hear what you have to say. If not, consider re-jigging your comment.
- We reserve the right to remove any comment at any time without any notification or explanation. This is particularly applicable to comments that contain offensive or hateful language, including, but not limited to racism, homophobia, misogyny, misanthropy, sexism or ageism (or any other hateful ‘ism’ we have not listed here).
- We do our best to moderate the comments diligently, but as our site grows, there may be some we miss. If you come across a comment that you feel is offensive please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Offensive Comment Flag”. Include the URL so that we may easily find the comment in question.
- We will not tolerate any comment that simply promotes a product/website without furthering the conversation about the content. These comments will be marked as spam and deleted. If, however, you have found something that is relevant to the content at hand—a great site or product, including your own—do not hesitate to include the URL in your comment. (These are sometimes flagged by our spam filter, but we will do our best to approve them in a timely manner.)
Guidelines for Entering Daily Blog Contests on Canadianfamily.ca
Please consider the following guidelines when entering any of our daily blog contests at Family Jewels.
- Entrants may only enter once per daily contest. Anyone entering the same daily contest multiple times using different email addresses or fake names will be disqualified from entering any Canadian Family blog contests.
- Winners’ name will likely appear in a blog post announcing winners. This post may be broadcast through our other content channels (via Twitter, for example).
- Contact and mailing info will be provided to the prize supplier for fulfillment purposes. Though we cannot provide a guarantee, this information should not be used by our 3rd party prize suppliers for any other purposes.
- Canadian Family is not responsible for any issues regarding prize fulfillment nor the prize itself. We will do our very best to ensure that winners receive their prizes within four to six weeks, but we are not responsible for any lost or misplaced prize shipments, and are unable to send replacement prizes.