Whether your wee babe is due on St. Patrick’s Day, or you just love the idea of a name inspired by the Emerald Isle, we’ve rounded up 20 great Irish baby names over in our Baby Names database. Here are a few of our faves along with their meaning—they’re a bit tricky, but we’ve included hints for proper pronunciation.
• Siobhan (“Shiv-on”). Meaning: Praise
• Niamh (“Neeve”). Meaning: Bright
• Roisin (“Rosh-een”). Meaning: Little rose
• Aisling (“Ash-ling”). Meaning: Vision
• Tadhg (“Tie”). Meaning: Bard
• Ciaran (“Kee-ran”). Meaning: Little warrior
• Eoghan (“Owen”). Meaning: Born of the Yew tree
• Fionn (“Finn”). Meaning: Handsome
You’ll find even more Irish baby names in our complete baby name database, which includes more than 50,000 possible monikers for your bundle of joy.