Answer yes or no to the following questions and statements.
1. My children (and/or parents) know what kind of music I like.
2. I make sure to include something fun in every day.
3. I make a special point of hanging out with my family each week.
4. I am silly at least ten minutes each day.
5. When asked about my past, I tell the truth.
6. When I’m with my family the television is off more than it is on.
7. I call my family by special love names.
8. If I start a new project, I’ll let myself quit after a short time if I’m sure I don’t like it.
9. I let my kids stay home from school once in a while even if they aren’t sick.
10. I play hooky once in awhile from work.
11. My family views me as a fun person.
12. I read books for relaxation.
13. My family has seen me dance.
14. I do a physical activity each week.
15. My home life is relaxed.
16. I am able to see the positive side when things go wrong.
17. I cry in front of my family.
18. I know how to express anger without dumping on others.
19. I am able to negotiate with my children and/or parents when we disagree.
20. I accept feedback from my spouse, children, and/or parents.
21. I laugh with my children daily.
22. I laugh with my partner daily.
23. I think my children have something important to teach me.
24. We eat dinner together at least three times a week and enjoy it.
25. I give my children unexpected treats or awards just because.
26. I surprise my family with unexpected gifts.
27. We acknowledge small accomplishments.
28. I can keep messes in perspective.
29. Our family traditions add meaning and pleasure to our lives.
30. I make sure to say “I love you” to the important people in my life.
31. I have told my parents how much they mean to me.
32. I show respect for my elders.
33. I smile at babies.
34. I make a conscious effort to smile directly at my child each day.
35. I am able to listen to my child for one minute without offering advice, interrupting, or asking questions.
36. My child has heard me sing.
37. I have taught my child to whistle.
38. I take a lighthearted approach when solving problems.
39. I am able to show affection to family members.
40. I am interested in my spouse and show it.
41. I whistle while doing chores around the house.
42. When I’ve blown it, I will apologize to family members.
43. I spend time each day doing something I love.
44. I spend time with my children each day doing something we all enjoy.
45. I am able to say “no” without feeling guilty and without lecturing.
46. I am able to stay calm and laugh about small disruptions.
47. I am able to give strong directives without yelling.
48. My kids respect me more than they fear me.
49. I can laugh at my own mistakes.
50. When I’m impatient with my children I remind myself that they have not been on the earth very long.
51. I am enthusiastic and cheerful.
52. I enjoy my family every day.
53. My family knows that they are my top priority.
54. I am optimistic.
55. I avoid name-calling, criticism, and put-downs.
56. I put my focus on what my kids are doing right.
57. I put my focus on what I am doing right.
58. At the end of the day, I am able to put events in perspective and begin fresh in the morning.
59. My family would describe me as positive and loving.
60. I feel like I am living with friends: people I like and trust.
61. Our home is comfortable and cozy.
62. Our home is safe.
63. The people in my family are relaxed and cheerful most of the time.
64. Our family is able to talk about what is troubling us.
65. We take downtime for loafing, hanging out, and puttering around.
Add up the total number of YES answers you have and then click here to read your results.