Broccoli Sesame Soy Noodles
Fresh and healthy, this veggie-filled dish unites many delicious flavours.
April 8th, 2012
Photography by Rob Kinghorn Food Styling by Kester Birch Prop Styling by Jane Hardin
- 1 pound broccoli, stems included
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on bias
- 1/2 pounds Chinese noodles, cooked
Broccoli Sesame Soy Noodles Dressing
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Mix dressing ingredients together.
Cut broccoli into florets. Peel stems and slice into slices.
Blanch florets and stems in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Refresh under cold water. Chop florets roughly.
In large sauté pan, heat oils and add garlic and red chili flakes. Add peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat, add broccoli, noodles and toss with dressing.