Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A light, refreshing twist on the classic chicken wrap – no cutlery required!
April 8th, 2012
Recipe by Kim Cooper
Photography by James Tse
Food styling by David Grenier
Prop styling by Lara McGraw
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 3 green onions, finely diced
- 1 can 284-mL mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/2 Cup chopped unsalted cashews (omit if packing for a school lunch)
- 2 Cups bean sprouts
- 2 Cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 head iceberg or butter lettuce
- 1/2 Cup dry chow mein noodles
In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, soy sauce, oils and vinegar. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine next 6 ingredients and add dressing, mixing well.
To serve, place 1/2 cup chicken mixture in centre of a lettuce leaf and wrap up like a burrito. Sprinkle noodles on top to serve.
Nutrients Per Serving
Nutrients per serving: Calories 260 Fat 16g Protein 15g Carbs 17g Fibre 2g