Sometimes size does matter...especially when making these adorable sammies for a summer dinner. Make them petite and even the pickiest of dinner pickers won't turn them down.
- 12 slices white bread
- butter for spreading
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast fillet
- 3/4 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded mint leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- whole-egg mayonnaise, extra, for spreading
- 1/3 cup finely chopped chives
Spread one side of the bread with the butter.
Combine the chicken, mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, mint, salt and pepper.
Divide between half the bread slices and top with remaining bread.
Cut into small triangles and brush one side with the extra mayonnaise.
Press the mayonnaise into the chives and serve.