Cranberry chutney is a great gift you can make for coworkers, friends, neighbours or even your dog walker. It goes with everything from toast with peanut butter to a fancy cheese tray to left over turkey sammies on Boxing Day. This sweet/savoury combo chutney is the perfect combination of flavours for everyday or special occasions.
45 minutes - an hour
- 1 Package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup high quality balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine cranberries, vinegar and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in nutmeg, cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper
Simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is very thick, stirring frequently. Cool and refrigerate, bringing to room temperature to serve.