When serving chili, don’t forget the toppings! I like to make a topping bar for the kids to mix and match with. My go-to choices are sour cream, red onion, cheddar cheese, diced avocado, diced jalapenos and lime wedges (for squeezing on top).
- 4 slices of Beretta’s pork bacon, diced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound of Beretta’s organic lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of crushed fire-roasted tomatoes or regular crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of beer (I like Mill Street Organic)
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
In a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, cook your diced bacon, stirring frequently until it begins to brown (usually about 3 to 4 minutes).
Add the diced onions and cook until softened and fragrant. Stir in garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
Add your ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks all the way through. Drain if necessary.
Stir in chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne and salt. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beer, and Worcestershire and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 30 minutes.
Add beans and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes.
Serve warm, topped with your favourite additions.