Not that these marinated lamb chops needed it, but the mint chimichurri adds a whole other dimension of flavour to this dish.
4 to 6
- For the lamb
- 1 Dozen individuals lamb chops
- Salt and pepper
- For the marinade
- 1 Cup of cabernet sauvignon
- 1/2 Cup of olive oil
- 1/4 Cup of soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of spicy Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Cup of onions; chopped
- 1/4 Cup of green garlic; chopped
- 2 Sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 Teaspoon of black pepper
- For the mint chimichurri
- 1/4 Cup of green garlic; finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons of capers; finely minced
- 5 Anchovies; finely minced
- 1 Shallot; finely minced
- 1 Cup of fresh parsley; finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup of fresh mint; finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup of fresh oregano; finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup of fresh tarragon; finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 Cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 Cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of kosher salt
Combine all marinade ingredients together and cover lamb chops. Refrigerate and let marinade for 12 hours.
Remove chops from marinade and sprinkle with salt.
Grill over high heat. About 2 minutes on each side. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
For chimichurri, combine all ingredients together and serve at room temperature. Drizzle over lamb and serve.