These “nutri-bars” may seem like an odd combination of ingredients, but are really delicious. They’re also pretty filling, which makes them ideal for an after-school snack or breakfast addition (cut them to size, depending on when they're being eaten).
- 15 dried Mission figs
- 7 pitted Mejool dates (4 ounces)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter (or almond and coconut butter!)
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup oats; old fashioned or quick cooking
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Add all ingredients to a small food processor and blend together into a lightly tacky dough.
Pat out into a small sheet pan lined with saran wrap and refrigerate.
Once hard enough, remove from pan and slice into bite-sized or larger pieces.
Wrap with wax paper or pop a few into a baggie and then refrigerate again until serving.