Sun-Dried Tomato Garbanzo Dip
Garbanzo beans are chickpeas in Spanish, and combined with the tomatoes, they make hummus with a very Spanish twist. Serve this dip with baskets of pita crisps
April 8th, 2012
Recipe from The Cocktail Chef by Dinah Koo & Janice Poon. For more information about The Cocktail Chef, contact Dinah Koo at kooandco.com
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained, ¼ cup juice reserved
- ½ cup (packed) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, slightly drained
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
In a food processer, purée chickpeas (without their juice) until smooth and transfer to a large bowl.
Purée sun-dried tomatoes and add them to the chickpea purée.
Stir in chickpea juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, basil and salt.
Stir until well-combined. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.