We've always loved the flavour and texture of the all-white potato pizza (Pizza Bianca) we get at the pizzaria. But, move over, all white...there's a new, sweet but oh-so-savoury pizza in town.
- 1 cup (250 mL) mashed cooked American sweet potato*
- 1 (350 g) large pizza, round
- 1 cup (90g) grated mozzarella
- ½ cup (125 mL) thinly sliced yellow peppers
- ½ cup (125mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 6 grape tomatoes, cut in quarters lengthwise
- 2oz (60 g) garlic herb goat cheese, crumbled
- fresh herbs, for garnish (optional)
Spread sweet potato over pizza crust. Top with mozzarella, peppers, onions, tomatoes and goat cheese.
Place cookie sheet on lower rack of oven and bake in preheated 450oF(230oC) oven until cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs and cut into wedges.