Swiss Chard and Meatball Soup
Quick, easy and great for a cold winter day. Serve this with some fresh crusty bread and a salad for a weeknight supper
April 8th, 2012
Submitted by Lee Cowan, Tignish, P.E.I.
Recipe tested by Diana Powell
- 1 litre chicken broth
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 454 grams small cooked meatballs (homemade or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 can white beans (kidney or navy)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
If desired, top with 1 tablespoon shaved or grated hard Italian cheese like Asiago or Parmesan.
Photography by Diana Powell