Thai Chicken Curry
This recipe is a fast way to make great tasting curry. Serve this tasty dish over a bowl of steamed jasmine coconut rice
April 8th, 2012
Submitted by Irene Leung, Port Dover, Ont
Tested by Angèle Levac
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of red or green curry paste
- 1 small onion
- 1 green or red pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (625 mL)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 keffir lime leaves (or zest of 1 lime)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
Heat a large saucepan of oil. Add the onions, pepper, and curry paste.
Stir fry for approximately 2 minutes until onions are fragrant but not caramelized.
Add the fish sauce, coconut milk, kiffir lime leaves, and sliced chicken and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 5-8 minutes until chicken is cooked and tender. Add salt to taste.
Ladle into bowls. Squeeze lime juice over each bowl and top with chopped coriander leaves. Serve.
Photography by Angèle Levac