"Mmm, I like mango, Mommy. This salad is yummy!"
Morgan, four-year-old daughter of Trish S., Toronto.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each Dijon mustard and maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and cinnamon
- Pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1 bag (8 oz/227 g) mixed salad greens, about 6 cups/1.5 L lightly packed
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped cooked skinless, boneless chicken
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch (1-cm) cubes
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped roasted cashews (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients.
In a large salad bowl, toss together greens, chicken and mango. Add dressing; toss gently. Sprinkle with cashews.
Nutrients Per Serving
per serving (without cashews): 292 calories, 17.6 g fat, 56 mg calcium, 218 mg sodium, 14.7 g carbohydrates, 2.2 g fibre, 20.1 g protein; excellent source of vitamin A, good source of vitamin C
Photos by Janet Bailey
Food Styling by Marilyn Dunphy
Prop Styling by Emily Vezér