Vegetable Chicken Pie
Mom's take on this flaky, family favourite. Use any creamy soup to suit your family's taste, and add as many vegetables as you can fit!
April 8th, 2012
Submitted by Debra Solmundson, Winnipeg, MB
Recipe tested by Natalie Roussy
- 1 can thick, creamy soup with chicken and vegetables
- 1 pound cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 sheet butter puff pastry
- 1 cup assorted vegetables (broccoli, mushroom, carrot, celery), chopped
- ½ cups potatoes, chopped small
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place potatoes and all other vegetables in lightly salted, boiling water for 5 minutes to soften - not to cook.
Mix chicken chunks and warm vegetables with soup in the bottom of casserole dish.
Add a small amount of water to moisten if dry.
Top with butter pastry.
Bake at 400°F for 20-30 minutes or until a dark, golden brown.
Serve with brown beans and/or a coleslaw salad.
Photography by Natalie Roussy