Last year we asked moms across the country about how they managed the hardest, craziest, greatest job in the world (see the results here). Many of the moms who responded also shared their best thing about being a mom:
• “The feeling of accomplishment. If I can raise two girls to be happy, and feel confident tackling just about anything, I will really feel I have done something.”
• “Watching your children have joyful moments in life.”
• “Dancing wildly around the living room together.”
• “Not feeling self-conscious for acting weird in public so you can amuse your kid.”
• “Having my daughter crawl into bed with me in the morning for a snuggle before we start our day.”
• “All of it. The good, the bad and the ugly. The whole experience is worthwhile.”
• “The best thing about being a mom is Liam.”
Mine is the random “I love you mom”s that I get from Charlotte (I call them “drive-bys”). We can be walking home from daycare, playing at the park or just watching a DVD together and she’ll turn to me and say it. It slays me every time.
What is your best thing about being a mom?
—Robin, CF‘s senior editor